Misterious Land feature

hello everybody!

I have a small mysterious problem using the Ancient Realms overland. Only when using scrubland dry and grass land dry. These "white islands" occur where the effect practically disappears, when I use only Edge fade inner as an effect. And it does not happen with other default terrains, such as desert, badlands, greengrass, etc.

If anyone can shed some light on the subject I would be grateful.

Good weekend to everyone😎

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You have Transparency Acne with the fills that are more or less identical to the Land texture bar some inking. That is where the render engine gets confused by pixels that are identical to the pixel on the underlying sheet and discounts it as being transparent. This creates a tiny 'hole' in the overlying polygon to which all the sheet effects are then applied the same way as they are to the outer edge. So from a percieved pinhole you get a very real edge-faded hole - acne.

There are a few different ways of dealing with it but the easiest one in this map is to use what I call a 'backing sheet', where you place a plain polygon underneath the top one by copying the problem polys and their sheet effects onto a new sheet between them both and changing the fill of the new polys to some solid colour that is sufficiently different to both textures that the render engine understands there are no holes in the topmost polygon.

I hope that makes sense.

I've created just such a backing sheet in this one for you:

JimProflo1Ricko HascheLauti