Arkham House Basement

The Start of my Arkham House Basement. The main room with bookshelves is suppose to be a museum where I will display artifacts the group(s) they have found over time.. and maybe figure out how to link it in Roll20 to actual handout that describes the item. I hope to figure out how to take an image and turn it into a symbol that I can put on the tables or bookshelves.

Ricko HascheLoopysueQuentenJimPTheIneffableCheeseRalfLoreleiLauti

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Surveyor
    edited November 2023

Added custom symbol for found artifacts and added them to the basement tables but thinking I may remove them and just use tokens in roll 20. With tokens in Roll20 I can use a macro and API to causes a popup and message in roll20chat that includes a link to a handout on the item in question. Besides I would need to figure out how to export from CC3 with enough detail one could tell what the artifacts are. Example here zoomed in a bit in CC3. Obviously with some of these PNGs I would need to go back and figure out how to remove the backgrounds if I was going to insert them lie this directly on the map. There is a little more detail on the ground floor but I will share once it is closer to being complete again. One thing I am running into is this is a map for 1920 North America and finding symbols for things like Lamps, Coat racks, phones, and decent couches/sofas is near impossible..well that exist with the content I own which is all annuals CD#, CC3, DD3, and two of the symbol sets one being modern if I recall. I did import a few symbols I already had but most were 3D for something I was working on and do not look right. if anyone is aware of a source of 1920 or even more modern symbols I might be able to leverage I am all ears.

LoopysueJimPRicko HascheLautiDak
  • Top Floor, stain glass windows do nto fit smoothly with the walls.. not sure what to do about that unless I just go with different windows.

LoopysueQuentenMonsenLautiCalibreRicko Hasche
  • 8 days later
  • Hi Frosty

I'm pretty sure they are working on being able to link notes to items on the map in roll20.

I took part in test a few months ago that seemed to be doing what you wish for your maps.

I have no idea when they are going to introduce it though.

• 8 days later
  • Thanks Dak, I done it using API and Macros and Tokens but it is very complex. I know roll20 is working on a lot of improvements.