No matching draw tool

Hey folks

Just got the software, and I am smashing my face into the learning curve. Would be nice if the software was a bit more intuitive so you don't need a PhD course of tutorials to use it, but oh well. I keep running into the issue that I try to use a city tool on a city map, and it keeps telling me there is No matching draw tool.

I am aware I am not the first to run into this issue, as I've read like 10+ posts on this site with the same issue. The ones that actually got answered didn't really provide a solution. Mostly it comes down to "Make sure you're not using tools for one kind of map on another". I triple checked, threw away quite some progress to draw a flipping road in a town, but the system isn't letting me draw them as there is no matching draw tool.

Any tips beyond "make sure you're using the right tools"? Thanks in advance

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

There are 3 main reasons this can happen:

1. You don't have the right toolbar open. Overland toolbars try to load different tools than city toolbars. Maps should load the correct toolbar automatically when they are opened though, unless you have changed the OnOpenMacro map note.
    2. As you have found from other replies, if the map is set to the wrong toolset for the style, this can happen. You can always check whatever toolset is actually in use by clicking on the All Map Drawing Tools button in the left toolbars. It will show both what tools are available, as well as the current style of drawing tools in the dropdown in the top (should match the style of the actual map to work correctly)
    3. The style you are using simply doesn't have a drawing tool for that particular feature. Not all styles comes with tools for everything. Again, hitting will show all the currently available tools. Of course, since the advanced drawing tool dialog do allow you to delete existing tools, there is also the possibility that the tool was supposed to be there, but has been deleted.
    LoopysueJimPQuentenGlitch