MOC World Maps Style

Good morning! (At least, it's morning here in the States).

Thanks in large part to Ricko Hasche recruiting me to map his homebrew world, my desire to make my own overland mapping style finally coincided with my energy level and enthusiasm (and with my available time), so I decided to see if I could turn my world Sihjul into a formal mapping style.

Here's what I came up with. I think I've gotten it all set up so that it will work for anyone, but I've never done this before so there might be wrinkles. If anyone decides to try it out and discovers something that doesn't work, please let me know and I'll try to figure out how to fix it.

Do note that while this defaults to whole world mapping, there should be no issues with using it for area maps smaller than a world, or for worlds other than earth size (Sihjul is only a little over half the size of earth).

To start, just unzip the attached file to your desktop. Within it, you'll find all of the symbol catalogues and drawtools, as well as the map template, notes, and icon. There's also a meager attempt at a mapping guide, which includes instructions about where to copy all of those files to so that it will work. (There are no unique assets in this style - everything you need is available through CC3+, a couple of annuals, and the free add-ons).

Finally, as a test case I started a map of earth that I'm attaching. I've got the land masses put in, as well as the map "dressing." I filled in the United States area, and left the rest of the world blank so that anyone who wants to practice the style can just use this map if they want to. It might be fun for folks to fill in different areas and post the results here in this thread…

I hope some of you find this useful and enjoy putting the style to work!

MonsenJulianDracosJimPQuentenRicko HascheMapjunkieRalfLoopysueFarsightX3Lautiand 1 other.