"Converting" paper/image maps to CC/CD

I have not used CC for a while (last used version 2), and when I tried to map out my campaign, I have found that I can't figure out how to approach the task of recreating the /existing/ maps.

I have scans of maps done on paper, and maps drawn as raster images, both overland and city.

Are there any tutorials dealing with that particular (I assume, pretty common?) task?

In particular, I wonder how to transfer different borders and biome outlines for overland, and street maps for cities.

JimP

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited November 2023

Hi CheeseshireCat :)

You can import the bitmap file into CC3 on it's own sheet and layer using Insert file in the Draw menu. (Create the BITMAP sheet and layer first and make sure they are active)

An open file dialog will pop up allowing you to pick your bitmap file. Then follow the instructions in the command line at the bottom of the window to pick the first and second corners for your image. if you need to move or scale it you can do that using the same commands you would use for polygons or symbols.

Then use the drawing tools and symbols to recreate your map.

You should be able to add a transparency effect to the BITMAP sheet to make tracing easier.

JimP