Lost All CC3 Symbols?

I've somehow clicked something that has made it to where I can't find any CC3 symbols. I can't find any documentation on the subject because all the documentation I have is for CC2. The only symbols I can draw with right now are CC2 symbols. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please, let me know.

Squandered Youth

Edit: Okay, so I figured it out. Apparently I somehow changed the symbol filter in the Master Symbol Settings. I just loaded the CC3 filter settings back into it and it's up and working now!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Good job figuring it out. The master filter settings can be a bit tricky until you have learned to use them properly.
    Also thank you for editing your post and informing us that the problem had been solved, and what the solution was. Saves people time trying to help you when it wasn't needed, and might be useful for others in the future.

A note about the documentation though. Symbol Catalog and filter behavior is basically identical in CC2 and CC3, so the CC2 documentation does cover this, although not in any great detail.
  • LatharionLatharion Traveler
    Posted By: Monsen
    A note about the documentation though. Symbol Catalog and filter behavior is basically identical in CC2 and CC3, so the CC2 documentation does cover this, although not in any great detail.
    "Biggest understatement ever!" I personally would say the documentation on the Master Filter and Symbol Settings windows is woefully inadequate. I managed to find two whole pages regarding this, both of which described the various buttons within them. The buttons and info boxes are pretty self explanatory. What I needed (and still need even) was an explanation of the functionality of these windows... i.e. what they do and how they do it. I tried to figure out if the filters were keying in on the file names of the symbol catalogs or the symbol names or what, but I was lef scratching my head with a rather bewildered look on my face. I do hope the new and improved Tome of Ultimate Mapping or the completed CC3 Documentation sets will cover this in greater detail.