Quick Move is enlarging/reducing size

I have always used Ctl-Q (MOVQ) to move items around any map as it was easier for me. Now however it's changing the size of anything I move. It happens on newly maps as well as things in progress and is a real nuisance.

I haven't used the other move command because it involves mousing up to the Edit drop-down menu and doesn't seem to have a command-line alternative.

I'd appreciate any comments as the inability to just move things the way I've always done is driving me around the bend!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I've just tried it myself.

CTRL+Q works fine, unless you accidentally release the Q before you release the CTRL button. That's when it scales things instead of moving them.

JimP
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2023

I accidentally scale often myself. The solution I find works best with both regular move and quick move is to just keep my hand completely off the mouse until I have released all keys.

The commands for the regular move command is MOV, but that can also scale, so no different from quick move in that regard.

Also note that you can edit menu files and add shortcut keys to any command there, if you need quick access to frequently used commands.

If you don't need to see the object while moving, you can use non-visual move - MOVE - this command does not allow any kind of scaling, but it is a bit harder to see what you are doing when using it.

Loopysueroflo1Glitch
  • I use Sticky Keys on the Accessibility mouse keys so I press the Ctl key and the computer thinks I'm holding the key down until I press another key, in this case, the Q! After I posted the original post I got my sister to turn my keyboard off and on again. Fingers crossed it works