Drawing Tablets

I'm thinking of getting a drawing tablet for use with CC3+ and wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to make & model. I can afford up to £70 (this is something of an experiment). I have no experience with DTs, so would appreciate the device coming with a user manual.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited November 2023

CC3 requires that you click to place nodes, or to start and end a Freehand Sketch line. It's not an app where you can just draw things with a constant line without any clicking, so the motion of the pen in CC3 is more tapping than drawing. This isn't the way other apps work with a tablet, so it can take a lot of getting used to if you've used tablets in other apps before now.

It might be a good idea to see if you can borrow a tablet from a friend just to see if you feel comfortable with the way it works in CC3 before you make any purchase.

As for user manuals, most tablets come with their own software including a startup and settings assistant. Even my little Wacom has such things despite being the second smallest and cheapest one on the market.

mike0liver

• Thanks, Loopysue, it looks like it's not as simple as I'd expected. I'll do some more research and see if I can find somebody nearby who is prepared to let me borrow one. I appreciate your assistance.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You're welcome :)

There may be other opinions on the use of tablets among the members here, and maybe even some better ideas and more detailed information, but as a starting point it's always best to try something before you buy it.