Technical Issue

Okay, so I bought CC3+ years ago. Only just now found out I still had a valid code to use it with. So I download it, and as many of the addons as I own. I run through the install proceedure. Now, every time I try to open the program, I get a few dozen errors about 'proceedure entry point' errors with various DLL files. Then, if I'm lucky, the client opens and I get a lovely black screen (including where the tool icons are supposed to be), and a new error message whenever I click on anything other than 'close program.'

I'd really like to use this software. Can someone help me figure out how to do it on Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Other posts indicate something's up with the visual C++ redist; but downloading and installing v12 seems to have no effect. Couldn't find a fix to this exact problem.

Here's a partial list of the files the errors are pointing at. After this many, I couldn't write any more of 'em down. :( Please help!

BmpTools.dll

CC2Per.dll

cc2pro.dll

cc2web.dll

CD2.dll

Cut32f.dll

DPIutil.dll

Dyn232cc.dll

Effects.dll

Escarpment.dll

file32cc.dll

fpath.dll

gls.dll

Answers

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker

That sort of thing can happen if you're mixing CC3 and CC3+ components. Make sure that you start from the CC3+ installer and that each of the components is a CC3+ component, not the original CC3 component. Finally, run the latest CC3+ update to make sure that all content is up to date.

I recommend contacting tech support if you have any additional problems.

Loopysueroflo1