Black Screen with Install of Latest Schley Monthly Assets

I just installed this month's Schley bonus assets and the screen and background of all symbols is solid black! This can't be right?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I don't seem to be having that problem myself.

There was an instruction about installing it after the latest update. That's number 28 I think and should leave you at version 3.98.

Try reinstalling the update and then the pack again.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2023

The black background usually means that CC3+ cannot find the map file it is trying to load, so it simply uses the defaults (which is a black background). That in itself is nothing to worry about, as the background is controlled on a map by map basis. Everything will be fine when you load or start a new map.

Of course, the example map should have been loaded, so that seems to indicate you didn't get that file installed. Which may or may not indicate that the rest of the addon wasn't installed properly either. Best way to see that is to try to open the symbol catalog manually and see if it exists, and no red crosses in it...

Now, I see it is trying to show the no-SS6 version of the example, since I guess you don't have SS6, and I am guessing someone forgot to include that file in the installer (or gave it the wrong name), and the rest is fine..

LoopysueScottA
  • No, I do have SS6. Hm...

I'll re-install update 3.98 and then re-install this Schley pack and see if that fixes it.

It probably won't fix it now I've read Remy's response, Scott.

• Re-installed the 3.98 update, SS6 and the latest Schely. Got an error message trying to repair SS6.

And after I did all that I still open to that exact same black screen...

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

It seems to be something wrong with your SS6 install, as your toolbar didn't show it as being installed either. Not sure what, it is probably best you contact tech support at this point. That error message do make it look like the installer cache is bad.

But in any case, if the SS6 install is bad, it may be why the free symbol installer doesn't find it, and tries to show the non-SS6 map instead. (Of course, there is still a bug with the monthly installer since it is set up to load a non-existing file)

• Thanks, Monsen. I'm wondering if at this point, with all the problems I continue to have since deleting Annual 199 and then re-installing it when it was changed, I shouldn't just wipe the whole thing and do a completely fresh CC3+ re-install. Obviously, something got corrupted and I've been plugging holes, but just when I think I have it all fixed some other error crops up.

Hopefully, TS might be able to sort it out without going to that extreme, Scott.