How to trace rivers

Hello again, Thanks for the quick and helpful response to my previous post. I want to repost a question I had posted on another forum and see if anyone had any other useful tips.

My original post at another forum:

"Hello, I'm looking for help on Campaign Cartographer 3. I am tracing a hand drawn sketch I imported into CC3. I am creating the rivers with the "smooth path" tool, then I go back and edit the rivers with the "node edit" tool. It has been pretty frustrating because I can't figure out how to exactly manipulate the river. It's kind of trial and error moving the rivers around. In other programs, like Inkscape, when I manipulate curves it has little handles that I can use to move the curves precisely. Is there a way to do something like this in CC3?"

The reply I got:

"There's not a way to do visible edit handles in CC3, but using Show Frames (Ctrl+F) will show the lines connecting the individual nodes as if the curve were the uninterpolated polygon. Being able to see where the frame bends makes it easier to hit the nodes to move things. It's certainly not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but it's much easier than trying to guess where the handles might be.

Putting in edit handles for path nodes is on my list of things to do, but I don't have anything resembling a schedule for when that feature might get implemented or released."

My questions:

I did find the Show Frames (Ctrl+F) useful. Is this the best way to trace an imported map?

TIA

Comments