Turning houses with the Rotate Tool

Hi!

When I use the rotate tool by turning my house to different angle, it doesn't show the house so that I would know when the house is in the right position when I rotate it.

Is there a tool which can be used to make the house be set to the right position, so that it isnt obliqued?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I am guessing that when you talk about your house, you're talking about that floorplan of yours, right, and not a city-scale house symbol?

The issue with rotating a floorplan is the way CC3+ shows the outlines. When you rotate vector entities (like your floor and walls), only the outline of the entities are shown for performance reasons. But the downside is that when you have two entites on top of each other, their outlines cancel each other out. And with floorplans, you almost always have that case, because you have the floor entity and the walls entity which are in the exact same positions.

There is no other tool that can be used, but one workaround is to use the Line tool (or Box or similar) to draw a simple guide line somewhere close to the feature you want to align, and when you rotate your floorplan, make sure to include this line when you rotate. You should find that this single line will be nice and visible in the rotation preview. You can then delete the line when you are done.

LoopysueJimProflo1