How to change 3D Starmap Up/Down Indicator Width

Hello!

I've been using Cosmographer 3 to build some small sector maps(<40lys). When I place stars, the up/down indicators are cartoonishly big. I have tried going through the symbol settings and the starmap settings. I'm at the point where I can modify the size of anything except the up/down indicator. What can do to fix this?

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2023

You can customize those from Starmap Options. You'll need to turn off the auto scaling to be able to enter a value manually for the base symbol scale. Note that this only applies to future items, not existing ones in the drawing.

Notice that you can also supply your own symbol catalog containing these symbols if you wish to customize them further,

roflo1Loopysue
  • Gotcha; thank you. For the line that connects the two I would need to supply my own image, yes?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I am not sure how images would work. The lines for the original lines are just plain simple lines. The easiest way to deal with them is to open up the symbol catalog for editing (@Symbols\Cosmographer\basesym.FSC), the from symbol manager, clone the symbols, and finally, go in and edit the two clones, using change properties on the lines to change their width. You can then save the symbol catalog with both your new modified copies and the original in them, and you should be able to easily pick from the starmap options which of the two to use.

(I normally don't recommend overwriting the original symbol catalog, but for this case, it may be the simplest, providing you do clone the symbols and don't change the originals. But if you prefer to be safe, either save your modifications under a new name, or make a backup of the original first.)

LoopysueJimP