Wall disappeared mystically

Hi!

I was placing my window to the wall, when sudden the houses outer walls disappeared for no reason, and I didnt even do anything. Here's a image of the map of the house:

As you can see, the inner room walls work normally. And I have placed succsessfully to the outer walls the door and the window. After placing the first window, the problem came and I couldnt place the window to the wall so that it attatches to it normally. What can I do? I could ofcourse do another wall to the house around it, so that it doesn't create the floor.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2023

I have experienced rare cases where a line (the wall in this case) is somehow removed when using a cutting symbol on it. If you experience that windows/doors after the first don't seem to align anymore, this may be the cause. Hit Redraw immediately and see if the entire thing disappears.

If it does, the best way forward is to simply use undo a couple of times, back to before you placed the symbol that broke it, and then start with a window in another location first.

If it is to late to do an undo, the easiest is usually to just use a wall from the drawing tools (right click the Default Wall button to get all the wall tools) and draw a new one, unless it is a really complicated shape. To make sure it follows the existing floor, either just rely on the snap points if the room was drawn with them initially, or use the Endpoint modifier (F5) to make the wall corners line up with the floor corners.

Loopysue
  • If I place a cutting door, and the entire wall of the room vanishes, I do undo as well.

Sometimes it works if I freeze and hide all layers except symbol definition and walls.

Then use the cutting door is placed. If it only cuts out the door, I then I show all layers and continue with the map.