Dec 2021 annual

I bought the Dec 2021 issue [180] and just stumbvled across a mention of a bonus 180B. How do I get my paws on it?

Best Answer

Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

CA180A (Annual Darklands City) should be part of the whole 2021 annual.

Each annual consists of 12 or 13 monthly issues depending on whether there is a bonus issue for that year. The suffixed letter indicates that it is the 13th issue that year.

CA180A is also a part 2 of a style initially published earlier in the same year.

When there are two parts to a new style in the same annual they tend to be merged into one template (one metric template and one imperial template that is) which contains everything in that style, so there isn't a way of finding the issue other than as extra symbols, fills and drawing tools above and beyond those advertised in the first part of that style. If you look at the fill list in Darklands City you will find that some of them are CA177, and some are CA180A. The same is true of the symbols, though not as immediately obvious.

As I remember it I added a lot of field textures, reed bed symbols and other things for the second part of the style.

• hsv216hsv216 Surveyor

Apparently issue 178 is October 2019 too. :) I had never noticed it till now. :p

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2023 Accepted Answer

Well spotted.

Thanks for letting us know.

The correct number for Issue 180B (as shown in the listing) is 180A, and the year shown for Issue 178 should be 2021.