Shading or Blurring a lower floor.

I am making a map with a balcony overlooking the floor below. The map shows the lower floor which is a copy and pasta of the first floor map. I would like to shade it or blur it but I do not know how to do this with Sheet and Effects. does anyone now how to do this?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Try adding a new sheet called DARKEN SHEET (or something similar) and put it between the sheets of the lower floor and upper floor. Then add a solid black polygon that covers the entire map and a Transparency sheet effect on that new sheet. Edit the Transparency effect and set the opacity to about 25% and see what you have. You can see the result on the right side of this floor. The central section is the original floor texture.

If you want to blur the view as well as darken it, call your new sheet BLUR SHEET (or something similar) and add a Blend Mode sheet effect (instead of the Transparency effect). set the BM effect to Linear Light mode and about 15% opacity. Then add a Blur sheet effect below that. You will only need a very tiny amount of blur. You can see the result of the BLUR SHEET on the left hand side of the map in the screen shot above.

Some people prefer to make a sheet that lightens the view rather than darkening it. If that is what you prefer just use Change Properties to turn the black polygons white. This is what both those sheets do with exactly the same sheet effects on them if all you do is change the black polygons to white.

JimProflo1
  • Thank you very much the BLUR SHEET is what I was looking for and it looks great now.

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

No problem. You're welcome :)

• This is what the find map looks like thanks to Loopysue.

LoopysueMaidhc O CasainJimPEukalyptusNow