symbol catalogues

I''ve lost the cataloges that are normally on the left of the drawing area and I don't know the extension, which means I can't search the Profantasy folders to find them quickly. What is it please?

Best Answer

Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

The extension is FSC.

However, searching by .FSC is going to be very counterproductive, because although you will find all the FSC files on your system there are naming conventions in the hierarchy that mean you will have many with the same name.

Before you do anything else first try clicking the category buttons on the toolbar above the drawing window.

If that doesn't help hit the folder button top right of the catalogue panel and manually locate the catalogue file ([catalogue name].FSC) in the parent folder of the folder that contains the symbol images. Usually the catalogue file has the same name as the folder. For example in an overland style there will be a folder called Mountains and a catalogue file also called Mountains.

I can't tell you where exactly to look for your missing catalogues without knowing which style you are using. But once you get into the main Symbols folder the rest of the way should be reasonably logical. The main folder is:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\

I'm guessing here, but your maps so far have been mostly overland maps. Symbols for all overland styles are contained in the hierarchy of a subfolder of Symbols called 'Maps'.

I hope that helps.

• you are right,in saying that most of my current maps are overland ones.@Loopysue I have done other ones in the past but i've lost the .fcw files with constant changes of computers 😯. I have a few .pngs of another project - a house of three floors. I cheated and used the outer shape for the first floor and attic as a template fo before I started to put the walls and furniture in the ground floor. I just could not grips with how to do it within the CC3+ setup. As for spaceships -- the less said the better!

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

Have you solved the problem of the missing catalogues yet?