Can you *elongate* polys once they are drawn?

I know you can resize polys but that is in both directions. I am wondering whether you can either make a shape longer or wider without it effecting the other.

Best Answer

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

The window is a box select of the nodes you want to move. Pick one corner of the imaginary box that contains all those nodes and no others, then pick the diagonally opposite corner of the box. That should select all the nodes. The next move is to click an origin point for the stretch, and then move the cursor to move the nodes you've selected to a new position. Then click to fix them there.

JimP

Answers

edited July 2023

Yes, you can use STRETCH.

Type the command, pick the poly, Do It, and pick the part you want to stretch by window selection, then pick it up and move it to where you want it.

Or if you mean can you scale it in one direction only (which is slightly different), you can use the Non-visual ScaleXY option in the right click menu of the Scale button.

There may also be other ways, but I'm not very familiar with command-based drawing.

• i'll have a go - doesn't sound too fiddly. thanks

• how would you do it, Sue? I'm not always command-line driven, its just handy to know that there's that option.

I got as far as the window and my brain went "window - what window?"

Accepted Answer

The window is a box select of the nodes you want to move. Pick one corner of the imaginary box that contains all those nodes and no others, then pick the diagonally opposite corner of the box. That should select all the nodes. The next move is to click an origin point for the stretch, and then move the cursor to move the nodes you've selected to a new position. Then click to fix them there.

JimP