problems with Lighted Bevels

I've gone back to an earlier drawing using bevels (but with new name) and i've hit a brick wall.

In earlier maps I've been able to adjust shading with the Bevel, Lighted settings but I have noticed that if I draw new shapes I can, sort of, play with the shapes but even when I put every shape onto its own sheet, having returned to the map I can't do this. It seems as they cling onto they're original settings for dear life. I've tried everything I can think of, short of redrawing. This is an impossibility for me and I wonder if anybody could tell me where I'm going wrong with the shapes.

PLEASE NOTE Not all the shapes are on separate sheets in the attached fcw

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I can't see any issues with changing the bevel on any of your shapes. Are there any shape in particular you have problems with?

Two general things to look out for though:

• Are the shape really on the sheet you think it is on? Use either Info -> List to check, OR bring up the sheet and effects dialog, and hide ALL the sheets except the one with the bevel you want to change. If the shape disappears when you hide all sheets and click apply, then it isn't on that sheet-
    • Make sure you don't overdo the values. For example, the mountain-like shape on the contour 2 sheet has a bevel size that is way larger than the shape. When the bevel is larger than the sheep, it will always result in a bevel from the middle, so even if you halve it from 200 to 100 it will have no change in appearance, because 100 is still to large. Try setting it all the way down to 2 however, and it will start to show changes.
    LoopysueJimPEukalyptusNow
  • Could you help me with a oddity in the map? It shows up as a shape with a green edge but when I try selecting it I can't do it - i've tried hidng everything else and still no success. All the polys are on separate sheets now - so many thanks for the help there.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

It may be on a frozen layer. Use LIST to find out what layer it's on and check to see if that layer is frozen.