resized drawing leaves original map area

I resized the drawing area but the only thing that moved was what presumably the map border and I don't know why.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

That can happen if the entities that don't resize are on the wrong layer.

Undo the resize (or repeat it and use the original size) and check that your background is on the BACKGROUND layer as well as the BACKGROUND sheet.

Also check the screen polygon is on the SCREEN layer.

If it doesn't work then maybe we can fix it if you upload the FCW.

• I'd drawn a BOX across the ghastly bright green background using a textured sandy on top of the green, on the background layer and sheet.

The Screen polygon is definitely on the SCREEN layer and is the size original size of the drawing area. However I'd got a shiny glow around the map but I tracked it down to an outer glow on the Text sheet!

by the way is it possible to tint already drawn polys? I've got some lovely shapes with bevels that I'd like to tint -- I really don't want to delete them and have to redraw them if I can help it.

i thought I had got everything working till I resized the width and that flaming black line came back!!! I'd intended to do the one and then the other, but didn't manage to get the width right. Can you look at the fcw and tell me what is going wrong? That way I'll learn.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited July 2023

The Green polygon on the BACKGROUND sheet is on the (BLDG (HOUSE 1)) layer. It needs moving to the BACKGROUND layer.

There doesn't appear to be anything on the SCREEN sheet, but if you add a screen around the edge of your map later that polygon should also be on the SCREEN layer. You speak of a screen, but I can't find a screen in the map - at least not on the screen sheet or layer.

The rectangular entity on the MAP BORDER layer is on the TEXT sheet. I suspect you might want that on the actual MAP BORDER sheet as well to be consistent.

• Thanks @Loopysue - i'll sort things out tomorrow. Good morning/afternoon/evening/night (whichever applies to you!)

LoopysueJimP