[WIP] Tatilana, a new world

Tatiana and I have decided to collaborate on creating a new world, using this map I have created using FT3. (just got to get it into Wilbur and back again).

It is named Tatilana after Tatiana, and our adopted daughter, Ruslana.

We aim to produce many regional maps, and also details of cultures, physical characteristics, histories and also adventures, to turn into a Game Aid for Roleplaying games, hopefully to publish, with illustrations done by Tatiana (who is very artistic).

Here is the final FT3 map to be 'Wilburized'. I have added lakes, but they are not on the MDR. As you can see it readily divides itself into East and West continents.

I am not going to bother with tectonics - just assume they are appropriate for the geological formations as is. There will be a 'Ring of Fire', earthquake zones, as well as wind and ocean current details, so I can work out the biomes. I hope our resident experts can guide me with this after I post the first maps showing them.

JimPRicko HascheOctorilla

Comments

• edited June 2023

Well, no matter what I do, including correcting the error on the add elevation file from Wilbur to FT3, and having another 3 goes at getting a mdr, it still won't work. Once, I got it to work - but it was not 8000 x 4000, but a bit more square, with a blue border around it. See print screen below. HELP!! @jslayton Is there some way I can get this map to the right horizontal dimensions?

So I will stick with what I have. I have used the multiple map option, and this is what I have at present on the smallest iteration. I am quite happy with this. All I have done is add EXTRA rivers, settlements, contours and names. Biomes will also be checked later.

The text is also a useful check to see if you need corrective spectacles. 😁

JimPRicko Hasche
  • I have made a start on the focus area which Tatiana has chosen. An Andean type range, I see. Obviously some contour alteration will take place, to fit the rivers that were generated in FT3. Each grid square is 500 km.

We will have fun working out the histories and cultures - to be shown in map form as well, of course.

JimPMonsenOctorilla