Can't get text to be outlined/glow

I made some previous maps, and all text/placenames I put on the maps were always outlined in a different color. However the new map I'm trying to make doesn't have that, and I'm trying to figure out how to turn it on? I thought it was turning on a white glow in the text layer but I did that with no change.

Comments

• Make sure the text is on the text sheet. Do a list command on the text.

If it isn't on the text sheet, movesht at the command line to move it there. Watch the command line for the next step.

On my cellphone so I can't check the exact sequence.

• I did the list and it seems to be showing they aren't on the text sheet. Then I did a movesht on the same text and when the sheet list comes up it shows as already on the text sheet? I'm not very experienced with working with sheets, but I tried this a few times and it was the same result.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 51 images Cartographer

The already selected sheet in the move to sheet dialog doesn't indicate what sheet the entities are already on, it indicates which sheet is the currently active working sheet. The only way to see what sheet something is on is by using the list command. (This goes for all the properties, the graphical dialogs shows the currently active "working" properties, not the ones from the selected entities.)

In addition to making sure the text is on the right sheet, it is also important that the glow effect you have is strong enough to actually be visible, a weak glow may be more or less invisible.

JimP