All styles missing when creating new maps

Hey all,

So I installed CC3+ and all the various addons I have, and it seemed to be working fine EXCEPT that SS5 (Cities of Schley) didn't show up as an option.

Note: I do not use the documents folder location because my documents folder is tied to onedrive and I don't want to fill up my onedrive with the mapping files. I instead pointing it at a specific folder I created on my D drive to hold all my CC3 stuff, and that seemed to have worked fine except for the aforementioned SS5.

Anyway, I decided to uninstall SS5 and reinstall it to see if that would work. And now when I go to create a new map, I have no options at all to choose a map style, not even the standard CC3 built in options.

Any thoughts on how I can fix it? I'd really rather not have to uninstall the dozen+ items that I went through and reinstall them all from the beginning.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

If you don't see any options at all for map type in the new map wizard, then either CC3+ can't find it's data directory at all, or somehow the template sub-directory have been wiped out.

For the latter, just look into your CC3+ data directory and look for a Templates directory at the root of it, with subdirectories for each map type. If the templates directory is actually missing or empty, there isn't any approach but reinstall since you would be missing important files

As for CC3+ potentially not finding the data directory, that will also be accompanied with things like CC3+ having no menu bars and complaining about an invalid license, so it doesn't sound like this is the case based on your description.

I did try a test install+uninstall of SS5, but I couldn't find any problems with the installer. SS5 works after installing it, and uninstalling it doesn't break my installation, so I can't say exactly what might have happened for you unfortunately.

I would like to note one thing though, you say you don't use the documents directory to avoid filling up Onedrive with CC3+ files. But CC3+ doesn't use the documents directory by default anyway, the default installation location for the CC3+ data directory is c:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus which is not related to your documents directory. The only things CC3+ and addons will offer to install into the documents directory is a separate stand-alone copy of the artwork for use with other software (The "install a separate artwork folder" checkbox), this is NOT intended to be installed into your CC3+ data directory as these files are NOT for use with CC3+.

LoopysueJimPScottAroflo1
  • I have this issue as well. I just discovered it today. I only have the CD3 and DD3 add-ons.

Not sure how a screencap might help, but I figure it couldn't hurt either. Also, I checked my templates folder and everything looks present and accounted for there. I can even launch individual template maps directly from there. I have no problem reinstalling if you want me to be the test subject there as long as it can wait until I get off work tomorrow evening :)

Amatiste
  • 21 days later
  • edited June 2023

Had the same problem. Started program, hit new, selected cities and I will decide styles, and hit next. Same thing you have, empty styles. I had just reinstalled the program last Thursday.

Update: I clicked on Dungeons, then went clicked next, it showed my templates. Then backed up, hit Cities, and the templates were there.

roflo1