Square hex overlay with blank intersections?

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this look on a square grid overlay?

I really like the blank spots at the intersection points for the simple B&W style I am working on.

Thanks!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

If you design a dashed line with the correct spacing and scale to use instead of a solid line it should be possible.

JimP
    edited May 2023

I did one like this with a small blur and a transparency effect on the GRID sheet.

It's a 5ft grid with black dashed lines of 0.1 line thickness.

Having a line thickness greater than zero is important in this one case, since for some reason a zero width line doesn't behave as expected.

JimPTheIneffableCheeseWyvern
  • Thanks again @Loopysue - I will play with it.

edited May 2023

You're welcome :)

I would create a new line style and give it an appropriate name. Remember to uncheck all the boxes.

Line styles are saved with the drawing, unfortunately, so if you want to use this line in more than one map it might be worth creating a crude 'template' containing the line style.

Alternatively, if you copy and pretend to paste an existing grid from the original map to a new map that will transfer the line style to the new map. That's the same kind of pretend paste you do when transferring fills from one style to another. You press ESC just before you paste it.

JimP