Rescaling One Level of a Multilevel Floorplan

I'm currently designing a manor house built around a medieval tower using the Annual Floorplan Template for early modern floorplans by Pär Lindström. The lowest level ("Basement 2") is just the bottom level of that tower which is much smaller than map of the manor house built around it. I want to rescale the map of this level so there isn't so much empty space around the basement. How should I do this? (I may add another upper floor so I should probably wait until the other levels are completely mapped.)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

I assume you want to change the size of the map, not rescale it? Having the basement in a different scale than the rest doesn't make sense to me unless you have some weird dimensions at play.

All the maps are independent, so you can safely use commands like resize drawing area on any one individual map. You may need to move things like the links manually, I think resize drawing area will just leave them outside the map border when you make the map smaller (potentially hidden under the screen)

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

I assume you want to change the size of the map, not rescale it? Having the basement in a different scale than the rest doesn't make sense to me unless you have some weird dimensions at play.

All the maps are independent, so you can safely use commands like resize drawing area on any one individual map. You may need to move things like the links manually, I think resize drawing area will just leave them outside the map border when you make the map smaller (potentially hidden under the screen)