Creepy crypts

Hello, I am enjoying enjoying the new annuals and have been trying out the creepy crypts. I followed the YouTube tutorial by Ralf, but got a bit lost when it came to embedding the crypt into the rockface. Is there an easier way of doing this? Thanks you.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I'm guessing that's the part where you draw the hole rather than the wall around it? The way it's set up all the sheet effects are tuned specifically to that method. You could change it, but that would involve changing all the sheet effects as well if you stayed with the Creepy Crypts template.

Alternatively, you could start a DD3 map and import the fills and symbols from Creepy Crypts if you want a more standard technique. The way you do that is to pretend to import the existing Creepy Crypts map into the new DD3 map but press ESC before you paste it. That will give you all the fills. Then to get the symbols you will need to open the Creepy Crypts symbol catalogues instead of the DD3 ones.

githyankiJimP
  • Thank you for your super fast reply.😊 I will try the importing technique you mentioned.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You're welcome :)

I was a little brief in my description above. I should have added that for the fills in particular it will probably be easier to use the DD3 fills and drawing tools to lay down the map and then switch out the textures to Creepy Crypts textures if you wish once you are done, using the Change Properties tool. That way you don't have to worry about the fact that the drawing tools will be laying down DD3 textures, or trying to create new drawing tools.

githyankiJimP
  • That's great, I have just started to get into mapping again so I am a little rusty but I appreciate the support very much.

• 11 days later