Sci-fi Floorplans vs. Deckplans

I'm doing some mapping for a game of Alien TTRPG. I built a map of a small-ish colony (a little larger than the one in the second movie). Now I would like to "zoom in" so to speak, and create some floor plans of the buildings.

I'm not sure if the "automatic floorplan" generation tool will be terribly helpful there, since the symbols I used for the buildings are all from the "modern skyscraper" catalog. Any ideas what the best way of approaching this is? Maybe something from Cosmographer? The issue I see with DECK plans is that I can't seem to draw a "hull" that isn't, well, spaceship shaped. I'd just want rectangular outlines, nothing that's tapered.

Here's what the colony looks like.

GlitchMichael Roehrl

Comments

• You can just zoom in and output just part of the map, but I am not sure that would solve your issue.

As for non-tapered hulls, just use the polygon tools. Change the fill to the pattern you want. Draw it onto a new sheet to avoid sheet effects being applied that you do not want to use.

Conversely, I suspect the tapered hull is a product of sheet effects. If that is the case, you can just turn those off or adjust them when drawing the hull.