Floorplans and City Designer 3

This seems like a very noob thing to ask, but I haven't found anything on this in the manuals and tutorials, so...

I've been futzing around with CD3, specifically to create a map of an off-world colony in the style of ALIENS. And the thing is almost finished, I just used the modern symbol set skyscrapers which make for pretty decent ALIENS style colony buildings. And since this is a map where I'm mostly trying out things (mostly...), I tried adding a floor plan link. Only creating floor plans for a symbol set that I'm kinda mis-using intentionally wasn't that great an idea. I keep getting the "no default drawing tool" for walls and floors in the linked floorplan. I'm not sure what to do there.

But what's worse is I can't seem to find a way remove the hyperlink, so now my colony map has this garish pink glow around the building I tried to make a floorplan for. So...

• how can I remove this hyperlink?
  • is there a way to render the file without this pink hyperlink thing showing?
JimP

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The hyperlink consists of 2 entities, the link itself (Which is normally invisible when you load the map, make it visible by View -> Show Hyperlinks), and a purple rectangle which just shows where the hyperlink is.

Both of these can be deleted by the regular erase command, BUT the HYPERLINK layer may be frozen, in which case you need to thaw it before you can erase it.

Also note that they should also both be on the LINKS sheet, so you can also just hide (or delete) that sheet.

Loopysuekalt_nullJimProflo1
  • kalt_nullkalt_null Traveler

Oh huh. I wasn't aware you could just mark and delete that. Thanks for pointing that out. :D