Help: Change Cursor Type?

This is my first post to this forum. I have a grid on my map, but the crosshair cursor makes it hard to draw when it overlaps with the grid. Is it possible to change the thickness of the crosshair, or do something else to make it easier to see?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

If you press Ctrl+T you toggle between the crosshair cursor and the arrow cursor. This can be done mid-command based on your needs. Note that it doesn't apply to the first point of each command (don't know why it's like that), but to all subsequent points, so if you're drawing a path, the initial node will always be placed using the crosshair cursor, but you can toggle for all the subsequent ones.

Also note that if you use it in the middle of a drawing tool that has the trace capability (like the landmass tool), the shortcuts conflict, so it then asks you for "entity to trace" but you can just right click at this point to go back to the drawing instead of tracing. To avoid it, you can use the menu option (Tools -> Drawing Aids -> Toggle Crosshairs) instead of the shortcut key.

LoopysueMichael Roehrlroflo1Zap Man
  • Thank you so much! Im gonna use that.