Polygon Fill...

I'm new and learning so I apologize if this is a simple question. I am trying to draw a color filled fractal polygon. I was able to before, but I must have done something to change my setting and I just can't figure out what. When I go to DRAW-POLYGON-FRACTAL POLYGON and create a closed shape all I get is the outline in the selected color. How do I set it, so it fills the shape with the same color? In-addition no matter what layer I put it on it always stays on top and overdraws any other objects. Any help would be welcome, thanks.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

If the poly is filled or not is determined by the line width. If the line width is 0, you get a filled shape, but if the line width is greater than zero, you get an outline of that specified width.

As for being on top of everything else, there are two things to keep in mind

• Layers, doesn't control ordering, sheets do. So it doesn't matter what layer you put it on, you need to put it on the appropriate sheet
    • When drawing something, it will always appear on top of everything immediately upon drawing it. It finds it's correct place in the drawing order the next time the map is redrawn (redraw command, zooming, scrolling will all cause that)
    Loopysue
  • Yeah, that was it. Thank you for helping out. I feel stupid not recognizing that. Thanks for the advice on the Layers and Sheets. I really do appreciate it.

• Everyone makes mistakes. I make lots of them.

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

@JME70 I don't remember anyone who never fell for the old line width issue in the early days ;)

JimP