Layers problem

Hi all,

(apologize about my eng, but I will try to explain my problem briefly)

I'm using CC3+.

I've 2 layers (details, veget).

If I show both, I see both. If I show only "details" (hide "veget"), I see only details.

If I show "veget" (hide "details"), I see nothing. I also have to show "details" to see the vegetation.

Why?

Also there are empty layers for me but not for the program and i can't delete them.

Why? (I select everything but there aren't objects selected)

PS:I hope I was clear and I apologize if not

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2023

You haven't renamed any of the standard layers, have you? The behaviour you describe is consistent with hiding the symbol definition layer, which will hide all symbols no matter what layer they are on (because you hide their definitions).

As for layers you can't delete, the program do use certain layers for specific purposes to store certain entities that are not visible in the drawing, but are still needed (like your palette definition for example). Especially the layers MERGE, STANDARD, TEMPLATE, MAP BORDER and SYMBOL DEFINITION should be left alone.

• I have renamed all layers 😥.

Probably my "details" layer is the old "symbols definition".

I'll try to create other layers to separate details and vegetation and rename my details/symbol_definition (and non-empity layers) in untouchable 1, ..2, ..3.

I'll try and then write if it works.

Anyway, many thanks for the help!!!!