How to delete perfect overlapping landmass?

Hello everyone,

I think I have a very special question. I bought CC3+ last friday, so I tried the whole last week understanding this program by using an in Azgaar's generated map as template. A few days ago happened a stupid mistake when I tried to copy my drawn landmass. I copy pasted on the absolut exact spot. Seems that undo has a limited amount of how many steps it can go back, because when I realized this mistake, it wasn't possible anymore to undo it with the command. Also when I try to erase it, it won't happen, since they pixel perfectly overlap I will always select both entities. I hope to delete the copy without the need to redraw the whole continent, but I just don't know how.

It seems there's also something like an entity / symbol list, where I could pick the unnecessary copy and delete it. Normally it wouldn't bother me, because I would think there's no harm in it, but it seems that all the nodes in the framing of the landmass affects processes like zooming and so on. That's the reason I need to get rid of them 😖

Hopefully there's a solution for this very specific problem.

After all, have a nice weekend and stay healthy

(Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native tongue 🙃)

Best Answers

• edited March 2023 Accepted Answer

Simplest solution is to use the drop-down menu "List" command by selecting both the overlapping objects, and decide which you need to remove from that information. Make a note of the "Tag #" number.

Close the List window, then click the Erase button (left side column) and click again on the items involved.

Then right click to call up the dialogue box, and choose the "Combine" - "And (Both)" option.

Next, right click again, and choose "More" - "Entity Tag #", and then type in the Tag number for the item you want to delete. This will appear in the Command Line (lower left of the CC3+ window). If the number is correct, press the "Enter" key to accept it, and then right click one last time and choose "Do it". That will remove the chosen one of the two overlapping entities.

LoopysueJimProflo1
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2023 Accepted Answer

@Wyvern's answer is great, but you can shorten it a bit to make it a bit easier (There is no need to do the combine step). Here's his text with just a few small edits from me

Simplest solution is to use the drop-down menu "List" command by selecting both the overlapping objects, and decide which you need to remove from that information. Make a note of the "Tag #" number.

Close the List window, then click the Erase button (left side column).

Then right click to call up the dialogue box, and choose "More" - "Entity Tag #", and then type in the Tag number for the item you want to delete. This will appear in the Command Line (lower left of the CC3+ window). If the number is correct, press the "Enter" key to accept it, and then right click one last time and choose "Do it". That will remove the chosen one of the two overlapping entities.

LoopysueJimProflo1WyvernWeathermanSweden

Answers

• edited March 2023 Accepted Answer

Close the List window, then click the Erase button (left side column) and click again on the items involved.

Then right click to call up the dialogue box, and choose the "Combine" - "And (Both)" option.

Next, right click again, and choose "More" - "Entity Tag #", and then type in the Tag number for the item you want to delete. This will appear in the Command Line (lower left of the CC3+ window). If the number is correct, press the "Enter" key to accept it, and then right click one last time and choose "Do it". That will remove the chosen one of the two overlapping entities.

LoopysueJimProflo1
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2023 Accepted Answer

@Wyvern's answer is great, but you can shorten it a bit to make it a bit easier (There is no need to do the combine step). Here's his text with just a few small edits from me

Close the List window, then click the Erase button (left side column).

Then right click to call up the dialogue box, and choose "More" - "Entity Tag #", and then type in the Tag number for the item you want to delete. This will appear in the Command Line (lower left of the CC3+ window). If the number is correct, press the "Enter" key to accept it, and then right click one last time and choose "Do it". That will remove the chosen one of the two overlapping entities.

LoopysueJimProflo1WyvernWeathermanSweden
  • Thx a lot, it worked perfectly.

JimP