Free symbol pack - Dungeon scale connecting hedges

LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
edited March 2023 in Cartographic Resources

I made these connecting symbols 4 years ago back in 2019. It was the first connecting symbol I ever made, so it isn't drawn to the same standard I prefer to use today. However, it still works well enough if all you want is a really fast maze map. The connecting hedge doesn't officially match any particular dungeon style, but it works reasonably well in a DD3 dungeon map as shown below.

The pack contains one set of connecting hedge symbols and a symbol catalog with two options. The first pair of symbols in the catalog are the original imperial hedge that is 3 feet wide with it's associated 3ft diameter end bushes. The second pair of symbols is a metric conversion of the same, where the hedge is 75cm wide. If you have problems with hedges looking broken or sticking out too far at the corners the most likely cause is that you are using the metric hedges in an imperial map, or the imperial hedges in a metric map.

The connecting hedge pack can be downloaded here

Here is an example of the hedge used to make a maze map in DD3.

Maze pattern source: mazegenerator.net (licence required for commercial use)

Useful tip: When you have finished drawing your maze, use the round hedges to cover any visible joins at the corners.

JimPhsv216MonsenMathieu GansWyvernScottAEukalyptusNowGlitchpablo gonzalez

Comments