character artist 3

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon a project from a freelance artist: She released two "D&D Dress Up" projects.

those do pretty much exactly what character artist 3 is doing: change hairstyle, clothing, eye color, etc. but WAY less comfortable. (she pre-exportet each and every combination and if you buy the project you get ALL the pngs and the photoshop file where you can choose which layers to show).

I sensed a lot of overlap and the possibility of a mutual benefit. In the "quo vadis monthly symbols" discussion, CA3 was mentioned, and so I thought I should contact her and tell her about CA3, in the hopes she would make the assets compatible to CA3. But she's holding back, as she's planning to start a kickstarter project and is thinking more in the line of an app for the phone and less of support for a desktop app she does not know.

However, she also told me, that if there's enough interest, she could cater to our needs as well, like cutting to bodies up to make it more usable as assets for CA3.

the two packages she released so far are purchasable on itch.io:

and the screenshots there show that's she's already very close to what CA3 does (as far as I can tell at least)

her kickstarter is in the making and not life yet, as she is thinking about stretch goals and tiers at the moment. So I thought maybe we can convince her, that "make it CA3 compatible" could be one of the goals?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rengin/dandd-dress-up-human-fighter

So the question is: is there enough interest from the community to make this happen?

what do you think?

Loopysue

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

Hi Fersus, we'd be happy to support this, for example with the base body shapes the outfit would need to be fitted to.

JimPLoopysue
  • That's great news!

Would you be open to a higher degree of collaboration as well?

I can think of various degree of collaboration:

from the weakest: you could provide some guidelines to make her assets more compatible with CA3 (like: how to set up the symbols so they work as varicolor symbols)

up to giving her the opportunity to make assets for the annuals. But I guess that would be a whole other can of worms because of licenses and whatnot.

would you be willing to talk to her about this?