ColorKey doesn't cut through terrains

I'm making a map and had a large block of terrain fill. I wanted to cut holes to see the landmass underneath, but it didn't work.

I had ColorKey at the top of the list of effects for that sheet - so how come it sank to the Landmass?

PS it sank to the Common Sheet!!!!!!!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Are your pink polygons on the same sheet as the terrain you want to cut through? For it to work, there are basically 3 conditions

• The Color Key effect must be on the sheet you want to cut a hole in, and must be the top effect in the list for that sheet
    • The colored "cutting polys" must also be on that very same sheet, on the top of things you wish to cut
    • The color specified for the color key effect must match the color of your cutting polys exactly
    • (Effects must be on)

It is easier to see what you might have done wrong if you post your .fcw file.

• I'm sorry but that file has been overwritten but the top two were right. I didn't realise I had to match the cutting polys - I thought the magenta was the only colour for ColorKeys; every video I've seen has been the magenta. I hadn't realised that effects had to be on either.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The Color Key effect can work with any color you want. Magenta (Color #6 in the CC3+ palette) is used by default since very few maps would contain this color naturally, but it can be changed to another color if you need to.

roflo1