PDF documentation

My CC3+ is not in the C drive as there is not enough room for windows and EVERYTHING else on my computer. So I have it in my E drive. However I can not find any documentation pdf's on my system. I have no idea where they are being stored. Specifically looking for Symbol Set 2 and how to use it properly.

My CC3+ Menu does not show SS1 & 2 for some reason despite me owning everything ProFantasy offers. Any idea where to find out where the software decided to stick the documentation?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Documentation pdf's are stored in the Documentation subfolder of your CC3+ data directory, whereever you have placed it.

The lack of buttons for SS1&2 is normal. Those buttons triggers the appropriate menus for the various add-ons, but SS1/2 don't have their own menus, they just use the overland and dungeon menus respectively.

There aren't much documentation for SS1/2 though, since they are basically just new styles and symbols that otherwise behave the same way as the standard overland/dungeon stuff. Once you start a new SS1/2 map from the new map wizard, you have access to all the relevant symbols and tools belonging to those styles in the same way as a standard overland/dungeon map.

Loopysue
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited February 2023
    I just installed the CA2022_Setup (which finally worked thankfully) to get the documentation menu for last year. Now I usually download and install each issue as it becomes available so I didn't need most of the files in the Annual setup but while the "Tools -> Add Ons -> Annual Volume 16" option was added before there was no menu page behind it until I ran the setup. There should be a slimline setup for those of us who install CA issues monthly and only need to add the documentation menu.