Steampunk Overland Proof of Concept

I looked at some of the maps from the Victorian era. Many of them look like older versions of our current map styles. I was able to look at the topographic maps to get an idea of something that I think, at least in terms of the mountains, fits a steampunk look.

However, there really weren't any symbols used on those maps. Some of the US Geological Survey maps from the late 1800's used color for at least tree areas. Mostly these maps were concerned with mountains and water. I decided for two different approaches. One is to try and use color to indicate tree areas. The second I used symbols from the landform. I am not sure I like either option 100%.

While I wanted to do everything in CC3, I decided to make it a bit easier on myself and use GIMP for a bit of post processing. The maps do need some more labels, but I am tired of messing with them since I just wanted to see what I could do with this style. I am going to play around with some of the other styles in an attempt to do something steampunky.

Tagged:
JimPLoopysueMonsen[Deleted User]roflo1MapjunkieGlitchMaidhc O CasainEukalyptusNowjmabbottand 1 other.

Comments