keyboard shortcuts or commands

My hand is increasingly shaky and I already use some commands such as ERA, MOV, TEX, TED, and DRAWTOOLSP to minimise mouse movements. Are there others that a poor (quality-wise) mapper can make use of? Nothing overly fancy, please, just some more basic commands.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Not commands as such, though as a fellow "shaker", I've found a small mouse that fits easily under my hand, so the heel of the hand is supported on the mouse mat, and with that arm further supported by a heavily-padded chair arm, helps in things like drawing and clicking on icons for commands. It does get tiring though is the only snag, and can be painful if you have to persist and use increasing pressure on the affected limb joints.

LoopysueJimP
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

I always rest the base of my hand on the mousepad, though I find those gel ones a bit uncomfortable and too high for me personally. Whether you use a gel pad mousepad, or just a good quality regular mousepad is up to you, but having the wrist supported like that is what I would regard as essential to steady drawing.

Having used a mouse that is covered in buttons as well as my preferred simple 3 button mouse (two buttons and a wheel in the middle), I would use the simple one every time. I think my hand is more tense when I am trying not to hit any one of a general encrustation of buttons while I'm drawing. If you have one of those encrusted ones borrow a 3 button one and try it out. See if your hand isn't a lot more relaxed. Tense muscles make any shaking worse.

• I don't have a shaky hand, but more keyboard short cuts would be great.

You can edit the mnu files and create your own.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Almost everything in CC3+ can be done using a command instead of using the mouse. If you have the Tome, there are full command lists at the end of each chapter (the one at the end of the CC3+ section is the largest), and it also came with an excel file that is found in @documentation\tome\ that lists all the commands.

Common commands also have shortcut keys. You can easily see this just by clicking a bit around in the various menus at the top of CC3+ (Or to avoid clicking, hit and release the Alt key, and the menu should be activated and can be navigated with arrow keys.)

You can even edit the CC3+ menu files and add your own shortcuts if needed.

roflo1JimPLoopysueWyvernEukalyptusNow

• Living with the effects of Cerebral Palsy I can't use mouse/trackpad, I use the keyboard mouse keys on the number pad instead (Ease of Access in Windows). It's a blinking nuisance but it's better than nothing.

I'll look through the Tome, Remy and see what ones are useful.

• ...I can't use mouse/trackpad, I use the keyboard mouse keys on the number pad instead (Ease of Access in Windows). It's a blinking nuisance but it's better than nothing.

Oh, that's unfortunate, but I appreciate the difficulty. Hopefully, the Tome will provide more useful assistance though. Good luck!

• I often find it easier to type in a few frequently used commands than to remember which icon to right-click or menu option to choose. But then I can be lazy sometimes.