SS6 - free imperial grid

LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

EDIT: Ralf has confirmed that the grid will be included in the final templates for SS6, so unless you need it right now you can always wait for the final release.

Hi everyone! :D

I have designed an imperial grid texture to work with SS6, which is free for anyone who needs to put a grid on their SS6 city.

When scaled correctly it represents an approximately 10ft grid.

If this is for you, download the attached zip folder and unzip it directly into:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps\Tiles\City\SS6

(your drive may be different depending on how you installed your software, but the rest should be the same)

Then open your SS6 map and click on the FS: box in the top row to open the Fill Style Properties dialog. Pick the Bitmap Files tab and any texture in the Fill Style Name dropdown. Click the New button and give your new fill a suitable name (here I called it 'Grid'). Then click the Find button and Navigate to your new Grid texture, double clicking the VH resolution version of the fill.

Notice that the full hierarchy has been included. Delete everything before 'Bitmaps' and replace it with an '@'

Then set the scaled width and Height to 106 and 22.5 respectively (they're automatically converted to feet and inches in this imperial map)

Once you have set up the fill click OK and make sure the GRID sheet and HEX/SQUARE GRID layer are both selected, then pick any of the shape tools on the right and draw the area over which you want your grid.

The grid may look a bit harsh without any sheet effects. It already has a glow that softens the otherwise very sharp edges, so I recommend adding just one effect to the GRID sheet:

Enjoy your gridding :)

Tagged:
Monsen[Deleted User]ScottAGlitchRicko HascheWyvernJulianDracosMapjunkiepablo gonzalezLauti

Comments