Text goes behind symbols

While on the Text layer, if I place text where there is no other entries (symbols, text) the text will remain where I place it. If the text overlaps or goes on top of any symbols the text will either go behind everything and disappear or the symbols will be over top of the text. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    edited November 2022 Accepted Answer

Make sure your placing your text on the text sheet and that the text sheet is lower (towards bottom) in the sheets list than the symbols sheet. Also make sure you haven't placed the symbols on the text sheet somehow. Make sure the text sheet is selected (checkmark) and hide all the other sheets and this will show you what is on the text sheet. You can repeat for other sheets to verify what is on the sheet.

The sheets are drawn from the top of the list to the bottom of the list. So anything above the text sheet list is drawn first and will be below the text. Anything after the text sheet is drawn on top of the text sheet.

JimPThomas Broadfoot

Answers

edited November 2022 Accepted Answer

Make sure your placing your text on the text sheet and that the text sheet is lower (towards bottom) in the sheets list than the symbols sheet. Also make sure you haven't placed the symbols on the text sheet somehow. Make sure the text sheet is selected (checkmark) and hide all the other sheets and this will show you what is on the text sheet. You can repeat for other sheets to verify what is on the sheet.

The sheets are drawn from the top of the list to the bottom of the list. So anything above the text sheet list is drawn first and will be below the text. Anything after the text sheet is drawn on top of the text sheet.

JimPThomas Broadfoot
  • Works now. must have messed up with the sheets and not realized it. Thank you!

Your welcome. Glad I could help.