Where did the cutting tool go?

Okay, I'm currently working on a portion of a dungeon map for the Cartographer's Guild mapping challenge. A way to ease myself back in, and relearn the system at the same time, especially since the program has changed... a lot... since I last used it.

For example: DD3: Where's the cutting tool? We used to have a cutting tool that would allow us to cut walls for hallways, doors, windows, etc. I went to cut a wall for stairs and a door... only to find the cutting tool isn't where I remember it being, and I can't find it. Can anyone lend a hand?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Most of the door/window symbols have cutting built into them, they will cut the wall on placement, and thus cut exactly as much as needed

Some dungeon styles have a dedicated cutting tool in the Wall features catalog (Such as the standard DD3 dungeon style), but this is not universal, mostly because it isn't needed when the symbols take care of the cutting themselves.

And of course, you can always manually cut out parts of a wall using the Break command.

• Make sure your walls are on the walls layer...