Texture Issues on Linux

edited November 2022 in Community Support

I recently switched to linux, and I'm running into major issues with textures. When trying to create a new map, most background textures are missing, as shown below. Does anybody know how I can fix this? I want to continue making maps.

Most object textures seem to be missing as well.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2022

Are things properly installed under Wine? Looking at your screenshot, it shows CD3 textures, so to focus on that case, did you install CD3 properly? Where did the current template you are using for the new map come from? Is it a standard CD3 template, or is it from an annual issue (Some annual issues requires certain base products, and will of course be missing the texture if that product isn't installed)

Which map style are you trying to make a map in?

Note that your second screen shot simply shows that no symbol catalog have been loaded, not missing artwork. Again, the reason for the symbol catalog not being loaded may be that you don't have it at all. Actual missing artwork would show up like red X'es.

Also, under Wine, was everything installed into the same instance? Wine normally does this correctly, but it is possible to set up wine with multiple profiles which would then have separate C-drives meaning the files won't end up in the same location.