How do I get the add city layers under the city tab to work? (CD3)

edited October 2022 in Community Support

Clicking the add city layers button under the city tab does not add all the building layers. Is there a fix for this or does something need to be set up for it to work?

Added this under the YouTube video this relates too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP5dh0ICVIY

Comments

• Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    edited October 2022

I have always had to manually add the layers myself. Beware they need to be exact same name as the popup for the missing layer or every time you try to work with them you will get the dialog that the layer is missing. I have posted the layer names below. You can also add your own layer if you want also but recommend just manually adding the missing layers from below first to stop the dialogs about missing layers.

BLDNG (GOVERNMENT)

BLDNG (MILITARY)

BLDNG (CUSTOM 1)

BLDNG (CUSTOM 2)

BLDNG (GUILD)

BLDNG (RELIGIOUS)

BLDNG (CRIMINAL)

BLDNG (HOUSE 1)

BLDNG (HOUSE 2)

BLDNG (HOUSE 3)

BLDNG (MERCHANT)

BLDNG (INDUSTRY)

BLDNG (INN)

BLDNG (GM)

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

That's a known problem with the relevant part file missing from the City Designer install. This should get fixed with the next update.

In the meantime, save the attached file in the Parts subfolder of your CC3+ program data folder. Afterwards the Add City Layers command should work properly again.

[Deleted User]Glitch
  • Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    edited October 2022

Ralf,

With the understanding that any update that replaces this file will over write the current file can we edit this file? I would like to add additional building types and setup the building colors so that they are same for every city map I create. If we do add the additional layers and the colors we want will they be carried over to a new map once we edit this file

More importantly will it cause any issues if we edit this file?

So I think I answered my own question as it does not keep the color setting or add the additional layers. Is there a way to change the default colors in the program and add the additional layer to every city map when created?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

This file doesn't change the defaults for new maps, it only allow the add city layers command to operate properly and add the layer to an existing map.

To change defaults for new maps, the only way is to edit the template they are based upon, but there is no global file to edit to apply to all new city maps, you need to edit the templates for each style individually.

EukalyptusNow