Live Mapping: Herwin Wielink Overland

Hi Everyone :)

This week, Ralf will be looking at another classic overland style that comes with basic CC3+, the Herwin Wielink Overland style. You can watch it here:

Or you can come along and join in the chat on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhWA30Ox-8U

[Deleted User]Ricko HascheJimPScottAEukalyptusNow

Comments

• Excellent. Despite its lack of symbols, this a gorgeous style. Particularly suited to S&S type landscapes imo.

• I've done a lot of mapping with this style (and indeed I currently am again), largely because I like it so much. I picked it as the basis for the 40 maps in my ongoing Errynor mapping project for the Community Atlas, after all! It'll be nice to see it get some live-streaming love and attention though!

I find it actually has quite a good range of symbols, more so than some styles, which, in combination with the range of textured fill options and colours, is what makes it so attractive for me.

Of course all styles could always do with more symbols - as many of us have commented here before 😁

[And I think we all also know in most cases, that's not going to happen!]

JimPScottAEukalyptusNow
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
  • I did this about a year ago:

MonsenLoopysueJimPRicko Hasche[Deleted User]EukalyptusNowWyvernLautiRalfJeff B
  • Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor

I have to say I like Ralf and Remy's videos very much. When thing don't go as expected it always makes me feel good that is just not me. With that said I thought the recovery from the crash was great and show how to change a map from one style to another so quickly was great, I decided that I wanted to try what was shown in the video so I took one of my favorite maps and converted it. I started with the hex version and now I'm converting the none hex version, here is a look at the hex version conversion.

JimP[Deleted User]LoopysueMonsenroflo1Ricko HascheRalfLauti
  • Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor

Well I converted the non-hex version and found that I messed things up when I did the original so I had to fix all of the mistakes. Also during the conversion I decided to change some stuff around and I think I have a better version all around now. At some point I will readdress the original Spectrum Overland style and make some changes to it but that will be at a much later date.

Here is the Herwin Wielink Overland conversion.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

EukalyptusNowMonsenLoopysue[Deleted User]JimPLautiroflo1jmabbott