Jon Roberts Revisited Bug

Downloaded the Jon Roberts Revisited (2022) and noted a bug.

When using the forest fills I get a set of vertical lines in addition to the fill. If I edit-undo immediatly the lines disappear and the fill is good. Very annoying.

Win 11 22H2

Radeon 5500Xt

Comments

• Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    edited October 2022

When I look at the Macro command the @system\Fillers\Annual\CA190 Mixed.symfill file is not even present in the directory. I don't see any of the symfill files for CA190.

If you start a new map there are no symbols when you do the fill. If you edit the map that came with the annual you get the symbols. Both ways have the vertical lines.

Sent to tech support.

• Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    edited October 2022

So I just downloaded the annual on my mac and extracted the files and the .symfill files are in the installer but it appears they are not being installed when the installer runs. I have searched both of my drive for the files and they are nowhere to be found after the install. I know this doesn't address the line issue but it is another issue with the annual.

Just copied the symfill files from my mac and installed them on the PC and now the fills work correctly and there are no lines. So I guess the two issue were related.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

You may have downloaded the fixed version Ralf just put up to your Mac. The new fixed version does contain the files, and should install them properly.

For those interested in the technical details, the reason for the lines was that when the symfill files didn't exist, CC3+ failed to load them, so it used the default settings. Which happens to be a very simple vertical line symbol.

Jeff BLoopysueJimPEukalyptusNowMike Vermilye
  • I must admit I am disappointed with this issue - no new symbols which could have been done by someone else, particularly in the vegetation, coastal and settlement categories. And no new bitmap fills.

• Many thanks for the quick resolution! Technology is great when it works! 😎