Pirate Enclave [WIP]

So I've created this pirate enclave, called the Crow's Nest. The Town is home to a number of pirate captains who were nearly wiped out 8 years ago, because they didn't have any infrastructure, hence the town being young and a little Chaotic. The Map is WIP, and I'd like any ideas/comments you guys might have for it. I have a bit of trouble figuring out what the top grassy area and the sandy part near the ocean should be used for.. The walled in area is the #1 captain on the totempole.

LoopysueEukalyptusNowRicko HascheJeff BRaikoMapjunkieadelia hernandezLauti

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Looks pretty good for a starting point, Tommy :)

Have you tried raising the HILLS sheet above the forests so that the forests look like they are growing on the hill rather than on a level above it?

If a town is very young there will be empty places up for grabs. Maybe the market for dodgy and stolen goods is held in one of those open spaces?

The sandy bit by the sea could in part be some kind of shipyard with boats pulled up out of the water, but I think the symbols for that might be a bit limited.

• Looks good so far. Why is there a stone bridge and a wooden bridge just seems out of place to have both. I would suspect two wooden bridges would be better in case of a land attack they could burn the bridges to slow the advancing force down. Also for a pirate enclave there are very few defenses. As Sue pointed out there is a lot of dead space where a market could go or additional landscape stuff.