Issues with DD3 loading textures from older maps

Forgive me if this issue has been covered in the past. I have not been able to find a solution using forum searches.

Recently, while trying to load older maps that were made in DD3 the maps are loading with no textures and no symbols. They have instead been replaced by giant red "X"s. Specifically these maps were made using the following method: Going to new map, selected Dungeon, then selected CC3 dungeon.

I mostly use dungeons of Dungeons of Schley now, so it has been awhile since I have loaded the older maps. Another odd thing: When I create a new map using CC3 Dungeon, when I click on the bars for various symbols it instead gives my symbols for Dungeons of Schley.

Check out the screen shot I have attached.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. I have already re-installed CC3.

Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2022

Hmm... Old maps should normally work fine as long as you have the same add-ons as you did when making the map. I can see there are some spots on that map where the background shines through, so that is loaded just fine, but obviously there is a lot of things missing. Do you know what art you used when creating that map. Was it standard CC3/DD3 art, or perhaps you used some 3rd party art like the CSUAC package?

You can gather clues from the file names. You can find symbol filenames by opening the symbol manager, picking a symbol and hitting the lsit button, while fill style file names can be found on the bitmap files tab on the fill style dialog. If you post the .fcw, I should also be able to tell you pretty quick.

As for your CC3 dungeon question. CC3 Dungeon is just a very limited dungeon style, more like a demo than a proper full style, only allowing you to make rather simple dungeons. As such, it doesn't have a lot of symbols, and all the symbols are already loaded in the symbol catalog window, the catalog buttons at the top aren't connected to the style at all, and just load catalogs from a more or less random style.

MattyEH
  • Consider this fixed! I went through all of the dowloads and re-installed/repaired everything. Turns out I had to run a re-install of DD3, and now everything works fine. Thank you for the help, Monsen!