How to remove a breach inside a wall

Hi

I did some corridors between rooms using breaking wall feature, but if remove the corridor, the breach in the wall of the room remains. How can I remove the breach?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

The break in the wall is a permanent edit (In most cases it will divide the wall into two separate parts.)

If you change your mind right after breaking it, you can always use undo (ctrl+Z), but if you have done other edits in the meantime and undo isn't appropriate, you need to manually edit the wall. In most cases, just using the node edit tool to bring the end node of one end over to the other works good enough, although it might end up leaving a line at the break point due to the fills not lining up seamlessly.

Other options include just drawing a small wall-piece into the hole, or just simply delete the existing wall and just redraw it. That's usually quick using a wall drawing tool.

Loopysue
  • ok, understood, I did it with a piece of wall, I also tried using trim point, I guess it will be cleaner with node edit

Thank you

• I failed with node edit, impossible to select only the wall, I caught the floor despite selecting the good layer.. I have the same problem explained in another post regarding editing the wall colour, I can't select the wall alone, the wall and the grounf are changed.. I don't understand why.. So I used trim point for this issue, it's not so bad.

Thank you

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Like Monsen said on one of your other threads, it's easier if you hide the FLOORS sheet. The floor and the wall exactly align with one another, node for node in the drawing, so it is pretty impossible to pick the right one without hiding the other one to be sure.

• Hide and freeze all layers except walls. Then use Node edit to pull one of the walls into the gap.

Show and thaw when done.

• Ok thanks a lot. Indeed I used sheets and it works fine now