Hey

Been lurking for a while but now I need to ask question thought I better sign up officially. Hello.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hi Moody Mood :)

How can we help?

• Howdy ! Just step right up to the forum microphone and ask your questions.

• Thank you. My first question (I hope it's okay to just post it here, if not let me know where) is if I want to create my own hatching design and upload it into CC3+ where is the best place to find out how to do it? Is there a specific section in one of the PDFs? Somewhere on this forum? Maybe a video on youtube?

I really like the Dyson Logos hatching style and I don't think there's one quite like that in any of the packs (there is the pebble effect but not his line cross hatching style) and would like to make something along those lines. Would that be possible?

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

You can make a pretty good seamless pattern like that in a free app called Krita in which you can draw on a seamless plane by hitting the W key. And your fill will need to be seamless so that you don't get any nasty join line discontinuities as it is tiled across a larger area.

Once you have drawn your texture you can then save it as a png file in a folder of your own creation inside the Bitmaps folder here: C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Bitmaps

Then you can either use Import Bitmap Fill Styles in the Tools menu, or open the Fill Style dialog by clicking the box along the top with "FS:..." in it, and create a new fill - navigating to the folder you created inside the Bitmaps folder.

That's very much everything crammed into a tiny nutshell. If you get stuck because my instructions are pretty brief, just shout again.

On the subject of where to chat about all things mappy - don't worry about it this time, but we generally use the "Show and Tell", or "Mapping with Profantasy's Software" categories. Some people run WIP threads for a map or a project, while others prefer to deal with a single issue in each thread.

• Cheers for that, will give it a go. Will move to appropriate thread in future.

Loopysue