[WIP] August Competition - Temple of [Insert Deity Here]

First pass of the ground floor almost done - marked out the interior walls for side rooms, but not sure if I really want them symmetrical.

Was originally tempted to make it a temple to the deity of negotiable affection (a brothel), given how close it is to the Barracks, but decided instead to leverage the fact the sewer passes directly underneath to facilitate shenanigans…

LoopysueMonsen[Deleted User]jmabbottShessar

Comments

• 10 days later
  • Updated version of the ground floor. Looking to do a first floor, second floor, and basement (accessible by the grate in the vestry)

[Deleted User]DaltonSpenceShessarJeff BLoopysue
  • This is looking excellent. My only suggestion would be to move the rug to the SYMBOLS FLAT Sheet. Right now it looks like it is floating off the floor. The Symbols Flat sheet has no shadow effect so that the object looks like it is sitting flat on the floor rather than having some height to it..

LoopysueMythal82
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited August 2022
    I like the interior arrangement but the outside stone background seems a bit jarring. Unless the temple is contained in a larger structure I'd use cobblestones, dirt or grass myself. If the basement level has the same outline as the ground level I'd move the the vestry grate one tile north against the wall so it could be flipped up to reveal a descending ladder. Also I'd move the door to the vestry to the center of the inner wall so a closet or wardrobe for the priest's vestments could be put along the east wall. Finally I'm a big fan of back doors when possible so putting one in the east wall of each wing might work. (Yes, that would mean a secret outside door in the back of the vestry closet/wardrobe.  ;) )
    Mythal82